Film Festivals and the Social Web [WORKSHOP-VIDEO]
A few weeks ago I was invited to the 16th International Short Film Festival Winterthur, doing a workshop on „The film festival as multi-/transmedia project„. I promised to post some links that I mentioned or which I think might be useful in terms of using Social Media as a film festival. Also I present you the full video of the workshop including the introductional Skype-session with Raindance Festival founder Elliot Grove.
- DOK.Incubator workshops: this unique 6 month long workshop, aims to emphasize the films’ international potential providing individual tutoring by top European editors, producers and sales agents, from the rough cut stage to the release, organised by DOK Leipzig and others.
- Cinema Reloaded Rotterdam
- DOK Leipzig Twitter-Aktion #DOK140
- The Purpose of Film Festivals: I especially like the part in which they write about „some points on the value and purpose of film festivals, above and beyond commerce“.
- Which filmfestivals do you think do a great job on Social Media?
- Twitter für Filmemacher – Einführungsworkshop
- Start with people who share your interests (family, friends, colleagues)
- Learn (from) Social Media
- Learn from others
- Plan your communication
- Start small, then grow your activites
- Don‘t expect too much
- Be active
- Be creative
- Be authentic
- Monitor your activities
- Stay up to date
- Show your expertise
- Incorporate into daily routine
PRODUCERS‘ DAY 2012
Veranstaltungsort: Alte Kaserne Winterthur
Filmfestival als multimedia Projekt
Mit: Elliot Grove (CA) Produzent und Gründer des Raindance Film Festival und Wolfgang Gumpelmaier (AT), New Media Consultant
Moderation: Simon Koenig, SWISS FILMS